The Yuneec H520
is an advanced six-rotor drone for commercial applications. The H520 builds off the proven Typhoon H platform and incorporates industry-first commercial-grade cameras and applications for high-end commercial use. The H520 offers longer flight time, greater payload, modular design and enhanced components while staying true to Yuneec’s standard of excellence in aviation precision and safety. This sUAS enterprise solution features a proven, stable, long flight time airframe, with multiple payload options and advanced DataPilot™ mission planning software. Yuneec sUAS are built for inspection, law enforcement, security, construction, surveying, mapping, and broadcast applications.
Law enforcement agencies increasingly rely on sUAS systems for accident scene reconstruction. The Yuneec H520 six-motor sUAS system allows Law Enforcement officers to safely and reliably record an accident scene in 2D or 3D. The H520 is compatible with 3rd party 3D imaging software and Yuneec’s DataPilot™ software enables autonomous flight for high-speed, precise data collection.
Yuneec commercial sUAS are designed with the inspection industry in mind with a sixrotor system that allows for precision flight and longer focal-length lenses that allow the sUAS to fly at greater distance from an asset. In high-wind environments, the Yuneec H520 sUAS system is able to hold position, allowing the solution to fly even when a manned inspection would be deemed unsafe.
Yuneec H520 sUAS are capable of low and slow flight with greater stability and safety than a typical quad-copter system. Greater airframe stability, combined with Yuneec’s 1-inch 4K resolution E90 camera, provides for higher quality imaging, resulting in superior high-resolution 2D ortho or 3D maps, precision volumetrics, and 3D surface models
EFFICIENT MISSION CONTROL SOFTWARE SYSTEM
Yuneec DataPilot™ is a complete solution for planning survey and waypoint-based UAV flight. Unlike other flight planning applications, DataPilot™ is integrated with the hardware and software control system utilized by the Yuneec H520 sUAS.
Precise Flight Plans
Our DataPilot™ software system enables users to efficiently and consistently create orthomaps, 3D scans, crop data imagery, or cinematic movement for repeatable, recallable aerial flight paths, without requiring expensive 3rd party software. Surveys, construction measurement, BIM components, perimeter security, accident scene reconstruction, forensic captures, 3D scans, orthomosaic, photo-stitching are generated with precision and efficiency via the DataPilot™ interface.
Pre-plan Your Flight Mission
Missions may be stored for later recall, or planned off-site and transported to the control system via email, thumbdrive, or micro- SD card. Mac and PC users may plan missions offsite and execute missions on-site, allowing for time planning, collaborative mission planning, and archiving of missions in a cloud or local storage.
Automated Flight Control
DataPilot™ auto-generates survey paths with user-defined overlap/sidelap, and cross-hatching for precision 3D or large format image output. Users may define a survey resolution via altitude or inch per- pixel decisions, providing a platform that is capable of flight even in low altitude scenarios. DataPilot™ also allows for storage of maps from many map providers for access in areas with no connectivity, and provides tools for precise waypoint placement even in areas where no updated maps are available.
View Live Feed With The ST16S
DataPilot™ is integrated with the Yuneec ST16S Ground Control Station via the built-in Android 7” Multi-function display, and may be used for exporting flight logs, integrating with popular analytics and post-processing applications such as Pix4D™, Agisoft™, Datumate™, DroneDeploy™, Dronifi™, and many others.
Hexacopter for professional use
Reliable, stable and precise
Even in high-wind environments, the Yuneec H520 sUAS system is able to hold position, allowing the solution to fly even when a manned inspection would be deemed unsafe. Exclusive flight speed control offers slowest speed above stall flight for maximum precision in challenging environments.
Commercial aerial solution
The H520 is a hexacopter that has been developed for commercial use. The sUAS is the perfect solution for long flight times and a proven and robust technology in an all-in-one package. The H520 is built for inspection, law enforcement, security, construction, surveying, and mapping applications in addition to offering cinematic or broadcast-ready imaging payload systems.
Built for industrial use and ambitious professionals
The H520 is designed with the inspection industry in mind with six-rotor systems that allow for stable, precise flight, long focal-length lenses that allow the sUAS to fly at greater distance from an object and data storage that may be shared instantly from the ST16S Ground Station or delivered directly in 4K/2K/HD video or 20Mp still images.
Hot-swap payload options
All of our E-Series cameras and the CGOET are hot swap-capable on our sUAS platforms, allowing for significant time-savings through not requiring a power-down/restart of the UAS system. This also allows for consistency of data-storage, rather than using multiple storage devices and locations. Whether it’s thermal imaging, long focal length, or wide focal-length data capture, memory cards may be swapped from device to device.
- 20 MP 1-inch sensor and the latest H2 high speed image processing chip
- 4K resolution at 60 frames per second
- Ideally suitable for professional film applications, 3D mapping/modelling and search and rescue
- 23 mm lens with low distortion
- included lens adapter ring threaded to fit 40.5 mm standard ND filters
- 3-axis stabilized gimbal with a precision of +/- 0.02°
- 12 MP 1/2.3“ sensor
- 4K resolution at 30 frames per second
- Ideally suitable for inspection of cell towers, wind turbines and other vertical assets
- 40 mm equivalent lens enables to capture important visual details while maintaining a safe distance from the asset
- Thermal imaging and a low light dual camera
- High-value for Solar Inspection, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting, Search & Rescue and Construction
- The 1080p low light camera has 20x higher light sensitivity than the human eye
- Low light camera alongside the thermal imaging camera combine to overlay IR and RGB for a clean, precise image. Capture infrared and video images with identical positioning via a single flight plan
- Adjustable temperature detection
- Temperature measurement and display
- Various color spectra allow an accurate visualization of heat sources
Retractable landing gear
H520’s landing gear retracts out of the way to give you a full, 360° view of the world to capture important data in the field. Also Commercial, comprehensive service packages are available separately.
Stay up-to-date with the YUNEEC UpdaterPilot for the H520 with E90 camera. The app is available on the Google Play Store and allows you to check and automatically update your copter to the latest software version. After the app has been opened, WiFi and camera have been selected, you can search for software updates with one click on the “Check App Version” button and automatically download and install the latest update if necessary. Make sure that the H520 is switched on.
Please note that the YUNEEC UpdaterPilot can only be installed on the ST16S and a micro SD card must be inserted in the camera to accomplish the updates. Currently the YUNEEC UpdaterPilot is only available for the H520 with E90 camera.
ST16S all-in-one controller
The ST16S Ground Station is an all-inclusive transmitter and receiver that gives you full control over the H520 during flight, allowing users to capture photos and video with great ease. With a large 7-inch integrated screen, the Android-based ST16S controller displays real-time footage of your flight, eliminating the need for an external device. You can also use the ST16S as a mission planner. Plan your flight using the touch screen, and execute your mission with just a single press of a button.
Our DataPilot™ software system enables users to efficiently and consistently create orthomaps, 3D scans, crop data imagery, or cinematic movement for repeatable, recallable aerial flight paths, without requiring expensive 3rd party software.
Your benefits at a glance
- Designed for professional, commercial and governmental requirements
- 6 rotors for high safety and redundancy as well as high stability and precision even while experiencing wind and turbulence
- Take-off weight with all available camera systems (E90/E50/CGOET) below 2 kg
- Reliable position determination by evaluating GPS, Glonass and Galileo satellites
- High-precision, low-interference compass
- Good visibility due to bright orange paint
- Video downlink encryption according to the WPA2 standard with a dynamic password
- No data transfer to an external server
- Software is based on solid PX4 code
- Intelligent sonar collision avoidance for safe and stress-free flying
- Energy efficient and quiet with a flight time of up to 28 minutes with E50 / 25 minutes with CGOET/E90
- Numerous, also individual, service and maintenance packages available
- ST16S with an integrated 7” touch display, voice output and multilingual comprehensive DataPilot™ software
- HDMI signal directly from the ST16S to output the drone’s live image onto larger monitors
- Mission planning on the computer or on the ST16S, offline maps available, creation of own maps possible
- Waypoint and survey missions, including cross-wise flights, suitable for construction surveying, perimeter security, accident reconstruction, 3D scans, orthomaps, area inspections and S&R tasks
- 2D/3D mapping, angled and orthographic images during a flight for precise 3D scans
- DataPilot™ automatically generates the flight route when an area to be scanned is specified, including a possible battery change.
- Definition of resolution over inches per pixel or altitude
- Missions can be saved for any repetition of the same flight route (e.g., for tracking shots)
- SDK available: third-party software and adaptation to your own application are possible.
- Capable of being tethered (sold separately)
- Lower space requirement and short set-up time
- Retractable landing gear and 360 degree endlessly rotatable camera gimbal for precise alignment or a permanent all-round view, even during tethering
- Hot-swappable camera/gimbal systems