The white BeBop Drone 2 with 14 Megapixel Flight Camera from Parrot is a Wi-Fi-based, mobile device-operated RC quadcopter capable of capturing 1080p aerial video and taking 4096 x 3072 resolution still photos. Avoiding the added weight and power consumption of a motorized gimbal, the camera features an electronic image stabilization system that relies on a 3-axis motion sensor and a 180° fisheye lens from which it crops a Full HD image. Updates from the original BeBop include a lower camera angle for direct shots at the ground and a larger battery for up to 25 minutes flying time.
Rather than requiring a special transmitter, the BeBop Drone 2 is controlled from an Android or iOS mobile device running the FreeFlight 3 App (see Parrot website for latest list of supported devices). In addition to letting you control the quadcopter, the app provides a real-time preview from the flight camera, and you can even record a low resolution feed directly on your device. For high-res recording you can use the 8GB of built-in memory.
Note: Please address all technical issues directly to Parrot. Contact technical support by phone at 877-9Parrot (877-972-7768).
14 Megapixel “Fisheye” Camera with 3-Axis Stabilization
- The built-in camera can record up to 1080p video as well as capture photos at 4096 x 3072 resolution. Notably, the camera uses a 3-axis electronic image stabilization system to avoid the added weight and power consumption of a mechanical gimbal. The system works by cropping a windowed portion of the total image yielded by the camera’s 180° fisheye lens, thus counteracting the effects of wind turbulence for stabilized, horizontally level video. Plus, you can use the piloting app to electronically adjust the camera angle, even pointing it down 90° with no loss off quality for shots of the ground
FreeFlight 3 App-Based Wi-Fi Control
- Using standard Wi-Fi, the BeBop Drone 2 is controlled by an iOS or Android smartphone or other mobile device and features a range of up to 984′ line-of-sight. You simply need to create an “ad-hoc” connection between the controlling device and the aircraft. No router or other hardware is required, though a seperately available range extender (part of the Skycontroller system) allows the BeBop Drone to be operated from up to 1.2 miles away. Antennas are included for 2.4 and 5 GHz, so you can choose the frequency that works best depending on other sources of interference
Live FPV Monitoring from Mobile Device
- The FreeFlight 3 app enables live monitoring of the camera image along with flight telemetry overlay. Using the app’s touch interface, you can even digitally pan the image across the camera’s 180° field of view
Dual-Core Flight Computer
- At the heart of the flight controller is a Linux-based dual-core CPU with quad-core graphics. It features 8GB of flash memory for video and photo storage
Compatible with Skycontroller System
- The separately available Skycontroller extends the BeBop Drone’s Wi-Fi range up to 1.2 miles and features a hardware-based control pad as well as a holder for a tablet. To maximize the first-person flying experience, the Skycontroller allows you can connect third-party FPV glasses, including the Zeiss Cinemizer, Epson Moverio, and Sony Personal Viewer
Up to 25 Minutes Flying Time
- A larger battery from the original BeBop enables flight times of up to 25 minutes, depending on conditions. This new LiPo battery features a capacity of 2700mAh
6″ Flexible Propellers
- Larger propellers from the original BeBop help yield its improved flight performance of 52.5 ft/s horizontal and 19.7 ft/s vertical top speeds. The propellers are flexible and will lock in the event of contact for enhanced safety
7-Sensor Stabilization System
- A total of seven sensors are used to keep the BeBop Drone 2 flying steady. These included a vertical optical flow camera, ultrasound, barometer, accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, and GPS. Together they help the drone keep track of where it is in space, allowing it to compensate for overzealous pilot inputs and counteract wind conditions
GPS Navigation System
- Helps aid the flight stabilization system by providing precise positional data. In addition, automatic return home and landing are possible